Raging mad A7

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
woof woof
Senior MemberPosts: 1,436
Like?
Re: Raging mad
In reply to thedoctor1, 4 months ago

thedoctor1 wrote:

I guess what I was really trying to ask was what options I had for lenses and can I really use the A7 as a pro camera for the type of work I do which is mentioned above.

I hope I didn't put anyone out here.

Hi there.

I ditched a Canon 5D and some nice lenses for an A7 and kit lens and manual primes.

Even though I intended to mostly use primes on my A7 I picked up a 28-70mm kit lens for occasional use and although some reviews have criticised it a bit I personally have found it to be a good performer and easily up to the standard of similar kit lenses I've used in the past from Canon and Nikon.

I mostly use completely manual Olympus Zuiko and Minolta Rokkor prime lenses via Novoflex adapters and I'm very happy and I don't find manual focus too much of an issue and I find that the magnified view and focus peaking are good.

If you are not too happy with manual focus maybe you could take a look at the 28-70mm kit lens and the excellent 55 and 35mm primes. Personally I could live with just those three lenses.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow