Birds in Flight, A6000, Wetlands...AF-C (55-210, DH1758)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,890Gear list
Like?
Dirk,
In reply to Dirk W, 6 months ago

I appreciate that...I am so happy to have this increased capability with the e-mount - though I plan on keeping my A mount for some time to come as I still find some advantages, including the lenses I have, with that system...I still sometimes prefer the large, heavy body to balance those big lenses, and find perks like much more battery life still useful when out birding.

The NEX-5N for me became a great backup birding camera - during the hot summers, when it was quite a chore carrying the big heavy DSLR kit, I could bring the lightweight NEX kit, and still get good still birds, and with a little work, could nail some birds in flight using AF-S single focus mode and cycling...more throwaways and no bursts, but doable.  Now, being able to genuinely shoot the same way, with nearly the same capabilities, between my DSLR and A6000, makes the E-mount even more useful as the second body, and more viable for those summer shoots, when I used to still occasionally be tempted to pull out the DSLR for some BIF tracking shots...now I don't have to.  I could understand someone making the switch on this camera - moreso than previous NEX models.  I'm not quite there, but every step of the NEX system so far has been more and more capable, and takes over a bigger portion of my shooting needs - the NEX3 would get used for maybe 10% of my shooting, the NEX-5N moved up to 40-50%, now I can see the A6000 moving even higher - maybe 60-65% - certainly I'll use it a lot more this summer than the DSLR, and will probably bring it to Disney in July alone, without the DSLR.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Al,New
Sam,New
Ron,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow