Birds in Flight, A6000, Wetlands...AF-C (55-210, DH1758)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 22,153Gear list
Like?
Re: Birds in Flight, A6000, Wetlands...AF-C (55-210, DH1758)
In reply to toxotis700, 8 months ago

toxotis700 wrote:

Why didn't you used raw instead of jpg?

As the other poster mentioned, I've just long preferred JPG over RAW because it lets me spend a lot less time in front of the computer - I'm not a big computer fan, and spending too much time in front of one converting and editing photos just brings me little joy...so I try to avoid it.  Have to use one at work 5 days a week, most of the day, so on a weekend when I have free time, I just like to go out and shoot, swim, hang with friends, go to the beach...minimizing time spent sitting indoors with my computer.

I do occasionally shoot events for hire, and when I do, I have to shoot RAW+JPG - mostly for the 'insurance' of RAW which has much greater latitude to recover or manipulate a shot if needed - since these are often one-chance-only shots and a client is relying on them, not just me, I want to give myself the best possible chance to get every shot right.  When I'm out birding, or shooting for myself, for pleasure, I'd rather just work as hard as I can to set my camera's output parameters up the way I like, work on getting the exposure, focus, and framing correct in-camera, and then just load the results, spend a very little time doing some cropping, resize a few to post online, and done.  Much more relaxing for me!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Al,New
Sam,New
Ron,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow