Birds in Flight, A6000, Wetlands...AF-C (55-210, DH1758)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 21,609Gear list
Like?
Re: Doug,
In reply to shaolin95, 5 months ago

shaolin95 wrote:

Seriously the quality of image you get from that combo is amazing! I need to play more with it as the DH has been mostly collecting dust.
The memory and tracking of the 6000 really got me interested as an upgrade from my NEX-6. Sadly for hockey it still won't help me much since the SEL55210 is too slow for that so I will still have to shoot manual lenses.

It's pretty solid - a cheap solution for sure...not many other ways to get 500mm equivalent with AF and stabilization on the e-mounts!

I'd probably shoot hockey with the 55-210 on the A6000 - indeed it's a slow lens, but most hockey rinks are decently well lit, and the ice does a nice job of reflecting additional light - you might have to shoot ISO3200 most of the time to get fast enough shutter speeds to freeze, but I personally find even the 5N did well at those ISO levels if well exposed...of course, depends on what you need to do with the shots, what your own standards are and such - everyone's different!  And if it's not pro-hockey, the lighting might not be as good.

Many thanks!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Al,New
Sam,New
Ron,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow