X-E1 how bad is the focus system?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Gloomy1
Junior MemberPosts: 45Gear list
Like?
Re: X-E1 how bad is the focus system?
In reply to ryan2007, 5 months ago

Hi Ryan

The focus system is good enough for me. 99% of my shots are sharp but I started photography with a Zenit B no exposure meter no autofocus no auto stop down. On the occasions that I don't get focus I shift so that an edge is located by the focus point half press shutter, hold, recompose and shoot, takes way less than a second. The attached file was shot with 18-55 and is a merged 5 shot sequence, hand held, all of the shots are pin sharp ISO 200 f8 (gives sufficient dof ) 1/850s. It would have been nice to have had continuous focus tracking I would have used f5 ish for shallower dof to make the jousters stand out from the background and give me a faster shutter speed, but the XE-1 doesn't have it at 6fps. This was shot in bright Mediterranean sunshine and may not have been so easy with a subject inside in dim light, the XE-1 is not a sports camera, but it can sometimes be used as one. This image is a crop as the 18-55 was the only lens I had on my cycling trip.

Good Luck Ken

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow