Thinking about jumping ship due to poor AF. Any help?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
britcam
Senior MemberPosts: 1,829Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking about jumping ship due to poor AF. Any help?
In reply to GabrielFFontes, 3 months ago

Hey guys!

I'm a brazilian Pentaxian, and i have a Pentax K-30 and 9 lenses.

I've been thinking about jumping ship to Canon/Nikon/Sony or even mirrorless (Olympus) because i've been facing problems with AF. I feel it's simply too slow and inconsistent (as in i spend hours doing af fine adjust, but sometimes it will simply, randomly focus incorrectly).

Do you guys think i would see improvement switching to a Nikon D7000?

What about a Canon? 60d, 7d? (but i guess i would lose in image quality)

Any help? It would be tough to get a K-3 here because it's not so easy to get Pentax items here, and by jumping ship i would be able to sell all my lenses and invest in the camera and new equipment...getting a K-3, i wouldn't want to sell lenses.

Thanks!

I had inconsistent focus accuracy with my K5 and to a lesser extent my K30. But those concerns vanished after I sold those two and bought a K5IIs. Every lens was accurately focused.

In the end it depends what sort of photography you do. I still have my K5IIs and love it. But but with recent health issues I decided to try Fuji for the lighter weight and IQ. The lenses are just superb, and one bonus is that AF is absolutely accurate due to the focus sensors being placed on the sensor itself. So with Fuji you wave goodbye to AF adjustment. You also wave goodbye to CA, distortion, soft corners at the same time, but that's another story.

-- hide signature --

Regards
Rich S (britcam)

britcam's gear list:britcam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Pentax MX-1 Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-01 +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow