Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bitingimpression
Regular MemberPosts: 177Gear list
Like?
tips for shooting Badminton?
6 months ago

I was asked to shoot indoor high school badminton. I know that the gym is not the brightest place. Currently, I have a Nikon D7100, and 50mm 1.8 prime, a tamron 28-75 2.8, a 55-200 f5.6, and a 70-200 f2.8 that i can borrow (last case, since i dont want to bother the person i am borrowing it from.

I know it is impossible to get good shots with the 55-200 because of its narrow aperture in a dark environment.

I will be sitting by the pole that holds the badminton net up. I will be shooting in cropped mode the whole time so that i could get 7 fps. Which lens should I use? I would like to use the 50mm 1.8 (75mm equiv), but I am afraid that the focal length might not be long enough to capture the action. If not, then is the tamron 28-75 f2.8 (42-113mm equiv) long enough to frame the player correctly?

I dont want to crop any of my images in post processing since I am already shooting in cropped mode, and I assume that the ISO will be pretty high. If an of you have shot indoor badminton, please help, thank you

Bitingimpression's gear list:Bitingimpression's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow