Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
archiebald
Senior MemberPosts: 1,499
Like?
Canon S95 vs Canon S120 Practical Performance Question
6 months ago

I use my S95 exclusively for underwater photography shooting in RAW and I have been very happy with it for the last two years but may soon have the opportunity to upgrade to the S120.  However, for underwater use an upgrade also means a new housing and accessories so I need to judge carefully if it is really worthwhile.

So, the question is this - any members here that have practical experience of both the S95 vs the S120?  I am thinking in terms of image quality, ease of use, focusing in dimly lit conditions, battery life, etc.  All shooting is done with externally triggered underwater strobes so flash performance is a non-issue.

Not interested in frivolities like the touch screen and wi-fi since they are no good 30 meters underwater anyhow.  Also not interested in all the fancy scene modes because all shooting is in RAW in Manual mode.  Just need to know the basic underlying performance differential.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I'd appreciate answers only from anyone that has actual experience of the two models.  If you just compared the paper specs and formed an opinion... well, I can do that just as easily.

Thanks in advance!!

Canon PowerShot S120 Canon PowerShot S95
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow