Tall subject. Short photographer. What to do?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PenPix
Senior MemberPosts: 1,059
Like?
Tall subject. Short photographer. What to do?
7 months ago

This weekend, I realized that I'm not as tall as I need to be… (actually I knew that for a long time)

I was working an event and had one subject who was much taller than me, forcing me to precariously balance on my toes to avoid taking a picture looking up her nose.

Then I got thinking, I really wish I had a articulated screen or a suitable Live View, not the clunky, slow excuse on my D700.  I did a quick search on DPR's camera feature search and found that the Sony SLT-A99 the only FF SLR with a tilting screen.  This is not an option I want to explore because I don't want to juggle another system.

My X-E1 is not up to snuff with the AF or flash for me to use for an event… would the X-T1 be better?  What about the newer crop of Nikon's, even if I had to shoot DX instead?  Perhaps some 70's era platform shoes?

Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow