Is this the best I can expect from D800?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
John M Roberts
Senior MemberPosts: 1,638Gear list
Like?
Re: Some in this thread are missing an important point
In reply to StillLearning, 8 months ago

StillLearning wrote:

2 reasons I never picked up the Pentax 6X7. The vibrations at low shutter speed and the low X-sync. Though it was a cool looking camera. I chose the RB 67 instead though it was more of a tripod camera, I'd handheld it in my younger years. Had some spectacular shots of the Tetons and Yellowstone. Really loved the leaf shutter with flash plus the rotating back.

John you have some great pictures on your site. Really like the Devil's Tower.

Thanks so much for the the complement and visiting my site. I see you enjoy closeups of butterflies and good timing with that hummingbird.

I still have my RZ but that was used for editorial environmental portrait work only. Too clumsy to handle and pack for my nature and travel. The shot of Phil Knight of Nike, also on the site, was with that camera. Great for getting the daylight in balance with strobes. The Devil's Tower was with the Pentax 67 which acted like an overgrown 35mm. Very spontaneous. I don't recall any vibration problems after flipping up the mirror on all my other lenses except that 300mm and when doing macro. At that point I'd be sure to shoot either very fast speeds or a 1/2 second or longer to cancel our the shutter vibration.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow