SL1 vs EOS M for my daughter

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
needmoretoys
Regular MemberPosts: 398Gear list
Like?
Re: SL1 vs EOS M for my daughter
In reply to GadgetNeil, 5 months ago

First, my vote is for the SL1. I went through something similar earlier this month. My wife finally decided that she is interested in photography and wanted her own camera. I have a Panasonic ZS7 and FZ200 and Canon S5IS, 10D and new SL1. We went to the local B&N and found an excellent book on beginner DSLR photography. She read it while playing with my S5IS for a week and then we went to the local BB to look at various cameras and also read reviews on DPR. She decided that she wanted something like the Canon G16. After more investigation, we got her the Olympus XZ-2 when it was $299 and she is very happy with it. I think using a method like this is the way to choose a camera for her.

If it were not for Canon lens commonality with you, I might suggest a Pany or Oly mirrorless with EVF. But between the SL1 and M I think the SL1 is the way to go. I'm very happy with mine.

needmoretoys's gear list:needmoretoys's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow