Birds in Flight, A6000, Wetlands...AF-C (55-210, DH1758)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Doug Aiien
Regular MemberPosts: 113Gear list
Like?
Re: Close-focus bugs, flowers, lizards examples...
In reply to zackiedawg, 7 months ago

zackiedawg wrote:

Indeed - you need to buy a step-up ring. You can find them everywhere - Amazon, B&H, Ebay, etc - you need a 49mm to 58mm step up ring. (The 49mm is the lens' filter thread size and the 58mm is the DH's thread size).

Thanks for the info, but see below.

Be aware on that company you bought the DH1758 from - if they at any point call you to say it's out of stock but they'll send you another unit that's just as good - get your money back and run!

They (theestoreonline) did call me back and say it was out of stock. I had originally called them to confirm it was in stock! They didn't try to sell me anything else, but said they would be receiving new stock from Sony soon. I said I doubted they would receive it because it's no longer manufactured. The sales person was polite and seemingly was unaware. I cancelled order without problems (I hope!). Now what do I do?!

Below are a couple of recent photos using the OMD-E5 and 75- 300mm (150-600mm equiv) from-

https://www.flickr.com/photos/carolinabutterflies/

Recent photo using OMD-E5

Recent photograph using OMD-E5

Doug Aiien's gear list:Doug Aiien's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Al,New
Sam,New
Ron,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow