Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MinAZ
Senior MemberPosts: 1,092
Like?
Stuff to take with you on a trip
8 months ago

I'm going on a family vacation in a few weeks. This is not a "photography expedition," more a family thing with some photography thrown in. My wife is actually going to do some real photography work so she is pretty much committed in what she has to bring, but for me, its going to be more opportunistic/memories than anything else (I might enter a photo contest or two - casually, for fun - but that's the extent of it really).

Anyway, I wonder what people typically bring on their trips, esp. in regards to memory. I think that today's 32GB memory cards are way more than sufficient for all but the longest trips even if you are shooting JPG + RAW, but maybe if you do video you would want more? Do you normally bring 1 large memory card (for convenience) or several smaller ones (for safety)? What size do you bring? With tripods being so incredibly bulky, I am actually considering buying a cheap $15 unit at the local Walmart at my destination rather than bother with it on the plane...

Also probably going to go with a compact P&S rather than the DSLR, but we will see...

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow