Convince me to buy a D800 (+BHPV question)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
TimStir
Forum MemberPosts: 56
Like?
Re: Convince me to buy a D800 (+BHPV question)
In reply to A Owens, 6 months ago

Funny story with the 24-70mm...

I purchased it some years back when a supermarket had a pricing error so I got it for around $1500. I got it because I was sure I would buy a D700 within 6 months and wanted decent glass so got the lens first. I then got tied up in my PhD an the rumours of the D800 then got really exciting  so i ended up not buying a D700, so here I am ready to bu a aD800 to go with the 24-70!

I hear it is not the sharpest but I like the convenience of a zoom and there aren't any other options right now.

A Owens wrote:

Regarding wildlife, the crop mode on the D800 is the same or better than the D7000 so if the 300mm plus 1.4 converter works for you on the D7000 it will be fine on the D800.

Just a note on the 24-70, I find this lens to be rather average on the D800e (others rave about so it may just be me!). So you may want to sell this on and pick up a something else (sigma 35mm?) or wait until it is upgraded which it is surely due for.

All the best.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow