THE "BEST" SPORT AND ACTION camera

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
neil holmes
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,185
Like?
Re: Check this out
In reply to Lab D, 6 months ago

Lab D wrote:

"It's still no D4s from Nikon or EOS 1D X from Canon, but it's in the neighborhood."

http://www.camerastuffreview.com/panasonic-camera-review/review-panasonic-gh4

I agree with this site. The Canikon cameras also have the native lenses available too that all mirrorless cameras are missing. Still the GH4 is in the neighborhood.

I am not worried about the A6000. People touting its focusing are using F/6 and higher or very short focal lengths and usually in bright sunlight (still there are complaints). I've been testing the GH4 with and F/2.8 zoom at 100mm and in very low light. I've yet to see anyone say the Sony PDAF works in indoor lighting while Panasonic says its focusing works in very low light.

Then of course the GH4 has 4K video which is what I wanted most.

Agree, for what you want the GH4 should be wonderful.

I am happy enough for video with my A7 .....I just use it for live music videos but don't move it so it meets MY needs (there are better for video but is has full controls and the stills are nice for low light music gigs).

GH4 would be good for me too but is overkill (my computer can barely deal with 1080P) so 4k is a LONG way off for me.

The GH4 will sell by the hundreds of thousands to video pros/semi-pros and photo journalists.

A6000 will sell more but to family photographers as well as some others who would normally get a higher level camera but will get it for the AF and IQ.....if  Sony came out with a higher camera with the same AF, the forums would barely be talking about the A6000.

If the GH4 had come out six months ago, I may well have got it....wanted an RX10 for video but they didn't have one for me so I walked out with an A7 instead and a GX7 the same week....might have got the GH4 instead of the GX7 and one less manual focus lens if it was out then.

Am glad I got the A7 now though and the GX7 is more love/hate every day....some days I love it, next I could hurl it out the window.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow