Convince me to buy a D800 (+BHPV question)

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
xtm
xtm
Regular MemberPosts: 351Gear list
Like?
Re: Convince me to buy a D800 (+BHPV question)
In reply to TimStir, 3 months ago

You seem to be a budget conscious individual, yet want to rent gear? I think renting gear = throwing money. Just buy it cheap, use a lot, make money from it, and resell it around the same price if it doesn't fit you. The key is finding one at a great price to begin with. Forget ebay... I browse Fredmiranda B&S forum quite often and I always find some great deals there. There was a D800 listed there for $1800 a couple days ago.. I'm sure it's sold now, but deals are out there.

Also, if you are super frugal, my advice is to sell all your gear and just use your iphone. Put the money on money market acct so you can sleep at night. I understand that everyone seems to be on a "tight budget" but if you need someone else to convince you then maybe you don't really need it. If you REALLY NEED IT, you won't need convincing... you just do it. Based on you post, I say you don't need it.

xtm's gear list:xtm's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D600 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED-IF VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow