How many spare batteries do you need?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
duartix
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,536Gear list
Like?
Re: How many spare batteries do you need?
In reply to mep, 8 months ago

mep wrote:

I am wondering how many batteries do you need for a camera. I have a EM10 and a PL5 which both use the same battery.

What would you do?

I wouldn't ever even bought two, one serving for both cameras would have been already appropriate. If you are anything like me (and I can't use two cameras simultaneously), you already started with a spare battery before you even went shopping. One battery will last me more than one week, three batteries (for two cameras) would get me through a whole vacation...

Unless you are venturing into the rain forest week in, week out, I don't see the need for all that extra power. How often do you really travel?

BTW, have you given any thought as too how much chargers you'll be using, and what your battery rotation protocol is going to be?

P.S. If you are mildly interested in video then what I said before may need some adjustment, but then again, if you are mildly interested in video then why on earth would you be carrying two Olympus bodies???

-- hide signature --

Duarte Bruno

duartix's gear list:duartix's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F40fd Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OneNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow