Convince me to buy a D800 (+BHPV question)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Doublehelix
Contributing MemberPosts: 797Gear list
Like?
Re: Convince me to buy a D800 (+BHPV question)
In reply to TimStir, 8 months ago

I went from a D90 to the D800 a couple of years ago when the D800 first came out, and I have to say that I have NEVER regretted my purchase, not for one second.

You know the answer to your own question since it sounds like you have researched it significantly... go for it!

I also have the 24-70 and 70-200 lens (as well as the 85 f/1.8), and the difference between the D800 and the D90 is night and day. I still use my D90 as my backup body, and tend to take it on vacations since I am paranoid about losing/damaging the D800 (sort of defeats the purpose, eh?), and when I am processing my D90 images, although great shots, they can never compare the D800 for resolution, dynamic range, and image quality.

Can I still take some great shots on the D90 (or you on the D7000)? Of course! Does the D800 excel over the D90? Without doubt!

-- hide signature --

James

Doublehelix's gear list:Doublehelix's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Wow!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow