Birds in Flight, A6000, Wetlands...AF-C (55-210, DH1758)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Doug Aiien
Regular MemberPosts: 110Gear list
Like?
Re: Doug,
In reply to zackiedawg, 6 months ago

Thanks again Justin,

I live in sunny SC and many of my wildlife photos are from Florida, Texas Rio Grande Valley, and Mexico, so sunlight is not a major problem, plus I'm patient!  I'm almost ready to order the A6000/E55-210/DH1758 combo. I'll run a few more questions by you.  What is the minimum focus distance with the above, and are there long lens alternatives I should consider?

I find the ability to easily over-ride the Olympus auto focus with the manual focus ring "saves" a lot of shots of birds in trees and other shots with busy backgrounds or foregrounds.  Is that also easy to do with the A6000?

There are always downsides or limitations.  What are the downsides and limitations of the above combo for someone who is more enthusiastic than knowledgeable, and more into nature studies than camera studies. My goal is to do both competent record shots and occasional well composed and exposed salon quality shots of nature, landscapes, etc.

Doug Aiien's gear list:Doug Aiien's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Al,New
Sam,New
Ron,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow