Is this the best I can expect from D800?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
John M Roberts
Senior MemberPosts: 1,478
Like?
Re: Mirror shake at 500th?
In reply to tektrader, 3 months ago

tektrader wrote:

I always find when I use a Tripod aside from making me slow down. I tend to use live view therefore the mirror is up.

Logically I seem to get the sharpest results with the mirror locked up, Not cause of the tripod.

Even if the shutter speed is quite high ( 250th to 500th) I have had mirror slap issues.

What were the conditions and what lens have you had this occur? If you had this happen at all I would think it would always be the case. Do you disagree? If not why? I have not tested myself the threshold but have heard of this and have used shutter delay of 1 sec sometimes handheld even up to 250th. 500th when shooting especially with wide to normal I would think is overkill. My practices may be paranoid driven.

I almost alway use a tripod with my scenics but recently the wind was blowing enough so that I needed high shutter speeds to stop the movement of flowers to which the tripod seemed to make little sense other than help with composition. Waiting for that mirror lock up 1 second delay handheld can slightly change the framing once it releases. I like to avoid this concern and hearing more of your specific situations might be helpful.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow