Thinking about jumping ship due to poor AF. Any help?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
awaldram
Forum ProPosts: 10,748Gear list
Like?
Re: Thinking about jumping ship due to poor AF. Any help?
In reply to GabrielFFontes, 5 months ago

GabrielFFontes wrote:

Hey guys!

I'm a brazilian Pentaxian, and i have a Pentax K-30 and 9 lenses.

I've been thinking about jumping ship to Canon/Nikon/Sony or even mirrorless (Olympus) because i've been facing problems with AF. I feel it's simply too slow and inconsistent (as in i spend hours doing af fine adjust, but sometimes it will simply, randomly focus incorrectly).

You would have to give us examples of where the k30 has 'random' focused.

It may be a faulty camera, how your approaching the shot or the camera is not up to how you need it to operate.

Normally it's because the photographer has not understood the cameras fuzzy algorithm deciding whats appropriate to focus on.

If this is you problem then irrelevant of brand you will see the same issue.

We had a chap a few years ago 'Barry Fitzgerald' who had the same problem as you blamed pentax (even started an anti pentax vendetta) and bought 2 Nikon d90's

2 months later he was having the same issue with the d90's and was no ...... Blaming Nikon

Of cause your problem could be the equipment but without examples it not possible to hazard a guess.

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow