Birds in Flight, A6000, Wetlands...AF-C (55-210, DH1758)

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Doug Aiien
Regular MemberPosts: 114Gear list
Like?
Re: Birds in Flight, A6000, Wetlands...AF-C (55-210, DH1758)
In reply to zackiedawg, 7 months ago

Thank you for post. I've also looked at your posts in other forums and your wonderful photos in an effort to get up to speed on this subject.

I love nature photography and would love to take better pictures of birds and insects in flight. I've been reading reviews of the A6000, but the absence of any long telephoto E-mount lens was the deal breaker or so I thoght. Your post alerted me to the possibility of using the VCL-DH1758 (if I can find one) with the E55-210. Ten weeks ago I upgraded from a Canon SX-40 bridge camera to an Olympus OMD-E5 and a 75-300 (150-600 equivalent) lens. Although I was getting good shots with the SX-40, the E5 is certainly an improvement, but not for BIF. I've been undecided about upgrading to the Olympus E1 which would be an improvement for BIF, but doesn't optimize use of the phase based focus and tracking. From all reports, the A6000 is better which you confirm suggesting it's 90% as good as the better SLRs for BIF.
I would love to know the chances of finding a DH1758 or equivalent and whether the A6000/55-210/DH1758 is the better choice for an upgrade.

You can find the type of photography I do, hundreds of pictures of birds, buterflies, moths, and other critters, here- https://www.flickr.com/photos/carolinabutterflies/

Comments appreciated.

Doug Aiien's gear list:Doug Aiien's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Olympus OM-D E-M5 Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Al,New
Sam,New
Ron,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow