Lab D
Senior MemberPosts: 5,711Gear list
Like?
Re: Or 7.5 fps?
In reply to PerL, 8 months ago

PerL wrote:

Lab D wrote:

neil holmes wrote:

From what I have seen and from the first reviews, the AF does seem to work as hyped.

The GH4 while a bit slower in terms of FPS AF with tracking,

There seems to be confusion here. The GH4 in tests does tracking at 12 FPS but not 40 FPS.

I am not sure why you say it is a bit slower.

"The Panasonic Lumix GH4 has an excellent Burst mode which enables you to take 12 frames per second with the focus and exposure locked at the first frame or 7.5fps with AF tracking"

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/panasonic_lumix_dmc_gh4_review/

I think there is some confusion and I hope we figure it out.  The one site clearly shows 24 frames at 12 FPS with tracking.

I think some sites see that tacking does not work with the highest FPS setting, but that is 40 FPS.  I was surprised to find that when I did switch to "H" (high) tracking still worked.  Maybe the camera slowed down due to settings?  I am not sure because I never counted or timed it.  All I can say is it was incredibly fast.

I also did find that it is lens dependent.  The 100-300mm lens in no way can do even 7 fps while tracking, but the 35-100 definitely can.

Lab D's gear list:Lab D's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow