ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bm bradley
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,977Gear list
Like?
sending my d3x in for repair
5 months ago

with this comment:

I had originally sent the body in to check the shutter box for leaks, as the chip got dirty much faster than the chip had in the past... when I sent the body in the first time the d3x was producing AMAZING images with beautiful natural color. when I received the d3x back the body would not even produce a clear image.... I then sent the body back, I can't remember if I had to send it back again....

I have only shot about 300 images with this body since the return from Nikon service... I was so disgusted with Nikon service and my treatment and the shoddy repair of this body... my thinking is basically an $8000 loss due to Nikon service... I had to pull this body out of the closet the other day because my D800 went south..... I desperation I tried to use this D3x to complete my assignment...

the camera produces images to soft to use for any acceptable use at all.. this body also will not produce images with the same exposure on the zoom with a 2.8 lens set to 'M" at 160th F16, 320 ISO... I truly loved this d3x and I'm wondering if Nikon is actually able to bring this body to an acceptable performance level to use in a professional environment.

Please check EVERYTHING carefully, it cost time and money to send this d3x back and forth to Nikon service, time and money I don’t really have since I have a small business and have had to buy 2, D800's and 1 D610 just have one working Nixon body available for production. I have already sold my Nikon glass due to the unreliability of the product, you may check my records, and am now wondering if I must abandon Nikon completely and if Nikon even cares. .

-- hide signature --

'when I ask you what time it is, don't tell me how to build a watch'

bm bradley's gear list:bm bradley's gear list
Nikon D3X Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED-IF VR +3 more
Nikon D3X Nikon D610 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow