PerL wrote:

josbiker wrote:

PerL wrote:

josbiker wrote:

PerL wrote:

josbiker wrote:

According to Chip.de look and see!

Canon EOS 1D X, NIKON D4S, GH4.

Attention the start-up time with the GH4 is ALWAYS in LIVE-View!

The GH4 WINS in all the autofocus-times.

Please, JOSBIKER

...the amount of incompetent AF/Action shooting tests that are surfacing on review sites, that never had a professional sports/action shooter in the staff, now that another batch of cameras that claims to have "the fastest AF in the world" is out on the market.

My guess - in the world cup in soccer this summer, we still will see the traditional pro cameras on the sidelines.

I only see figures and not a statement!

Isn't "THE "BEST" SPORT AND ACTION camera" camera a statement? And a rather bold one?

You are so smart? But figures stay figures! Look up and see that this NOT a statement but the naked truth!

I am not so sure it is so smart to draw the conclusion that the figures means that a Panasonic GH4 is "the best sports and action camera".

Do you think they are proof that you could shot an fast paced low light indoor sports games, with unpredictable player movement, with shallow DOF with better results in IQ, impact and keeper rate than a Canon 1DX/Nikon D4S with professional lenses? Would the GH4 produce more publishing-worthy shots than the professional workhorses from Canon/Nikon?

Use the 4 K video and you have a very nice 8 MP print! You can choose out of 30 pictures and pck the best! You cannot do that with Canon and Nikop.

If you going to "film" for an hour you have to look through 108.000 frames. If I only "film" moments its more important to have 10 fps/12fps with the best sharpness, low noise, subject isolation than 30 fps with less quality.

I have had several occasions where I found a "picture" I wanted in an HD video (my son touching home plate to win a baseball game is an example) along with the HD video, but I would rather have the 12 FPS RAW files in many situations too.

But when you film, you usually don't use fast shutter speeds, because the film does not look as smooth. Which means that most frames are not sharp. Of course you might be able a good frame here and there, but nothing to rely on for stills. I looked in to this when the first HD video able DSLRs came on the market to see if this was useful for press- or sports photography, but came to the conclusion that it was only marginal.

For baseball I use a fast shutter speed because I think it looks better when slowed down (for slow motion video).  I guess I go in knowing I may want a frame capture.  I also always forget my ND filters too so I have no choice.  

I do see what you are saying though.

Lab D's gear list:Lab D's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon D600 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TrueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow