Birds in Flight, A6000, Wetlands...AF-C (55-210, DH1758)

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
zackiedawg
Forum ProPosts: 22,186Gear list
Like?
Ron,
In reply to RonFrank, 8 months ago

RonFrank wrote:

Nice Justin. The Osprey is beautiful and the Great Egret against the green backdrop is cool. Unfortunately the weather was likely not as cool as the shot. Lucky you have a pool. My cuz bought a home with a pool last year when she moved from Ft Pierce to Lauderdale. She loves her pool as well.

You got that right - was approaching 90 - and will all this week.  The only good part was no rain...we get that a lot this time of year, so it was nice to get to play with the new cam without worrying about ziploc bags.  The pool was mandatory afterwards.

The light wasn't the best either - I was shooting primarily around 12:30pm to 4pm, right in the ugliest, harshest afternoon sun.  I think future results will look nicer when the sun is lower, and shadows longer, light warmer, and skies bluer.  But I only had that window of time to get out there and shoot, so I wasn't going to pass it up!

As for the camera it sounds like Sony finally solved the PDAF mirrorless focus issue. I've been waiting for your review for a while but other reviews have been promising even if they shoot stuff that is harder to judge. Folks on bikes are popular but the reviewer uses a 16-50/70mm lens which makes it difficult to judge.

Agreed...I took all comments about focus tracking with caution - no offense to anyone who posted them - but I had to be honest...none of them were shooting with the settings and lens that I would be, and you have to consider experience in shooting moving targets when judging results...a lot of posts were people trying to shoot AF-C and tracking a moving subject for the first time.

Your review knocked it out of the park! Thanks for that. We all make bonehead shooting mistakes now and again, too bad the shutter speed dipped. No harm, as you shoot more than the average bear. We all will learn from that mistake so thanks.

I don't mind making mistakes - they happen, and I've done plenty myself.  But that one got under my skin a little because I took SUCH caution the night before, pre-setting everything to the memory banks...and forgot such an obvious detail!

I have been following your progress. Thanks for keeping us in the loop on the A6000.

You're welcome - it should be lots of fun...despite the heat.

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A580 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Al,New
Sam,New
Ron,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow