Trying to emulate Ansel with the X-T1

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Evan Effa
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,340Gear list
Like?
Re: Trying to emulate Ansel with the X-T1
In reply to Jim Radcliffe, 5 months ago

Jim Radcliffe wrote:

The photography gods were not smiling upon me while I was at Monument Valley. It was a bit overcast and sometimes downright cloudy. I decided to try my hand at a bit of "What Ansel Saw". Monument Valley begs for color but I have always been a fan of B&W so today I finally had a bit of time to work on one of the shots I took there. I'm certainly no Ansel Adams but I wanted to try and emulate some of his work.... so here is my first feeble attempt.

This was shot with the Fuji X-T1 and the 18-55mm kit lens. Post in Lightroom and final tweaks in Photoshop CS6.. This was shot JPG.

Always best to view the larger version

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Great Image Jim!

It's rare that I like the subject centered in the frame but occasionally it works.  This certainly does as your eye is drawn to the asymmetrical elements.

Thanks for posting.

-evan

-- hide signature --
 Evan Effa's gear list:Evan Effa's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S2 Pro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow