Is Amazon Smart Guard Camera Protection worth it for an OMD-EM1?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Ziffster
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Re: Is Amazon Smart Guard Camera Protection worth it for an OMD-EM1?
In reply to offtheback, 5 months ago

offtheback wrote:

PC Wheeler wrote:

offtheback wrote:

Just insured my equipment--all risk-$1.15/$100.Theft,drop,loss.if it malfunctions you can always dent the corner a little I guess but that would be wrong.

With Amazon?

-- hide signature --

Phil

As a rider to my homeowners.

I realise this is an old thread, but in case others come upon it when searching for opinions regarding extended warranties / accidental damage coverage.  Be aware that placing a claim under a homeowner policy will count as a claim on your homeowner policy.  With many companies if you have three or more claims (of any type) on the policy within a five year window the company may subsequently dump you as a client AND finding another insurance company to cover you may be next to impossible without paying MUCH higher premiums for your policy.

We went through this hassle a few years ago - we had a claim for a antenna taken down by a wind storm, then we had a home fire, then (while the insurance company had us in hotel while home repairs were ongoing) the home was broken into and various electronics were stolen.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow