Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
midimid
Forum MemberPosts: 75Gear list
Like?
My first (wireless) flash - how to trigger the Yongnuo YN560-III off-camera
7 months ago

Looking at purchasing a Yongnuo YN560-III as my first flash - its cheap and I want the ability to do RF wireless with TTL. I'm on a D7100.

What I'm terribly confused about is the various transceivers/receivers and their compatibility with this flash. I will never be using the flash on-camera to trigger other flashes, but I might use it by itself from time to time. From what I understand, the 560-III has a built-in receiver - Is it compatible with the RF-603-II, YN-622N and the YN-622N-TX?

In any of the above, how do I fire the shutter (and the off-camera flash) without touching the camera? Do I just need two units?

So, which triggers should I get with the flash?

As an aside, I really like what Phottix is offering in the Mitros+, but as a beginner, I want to start out cheap (but simple) and am prepared to resell before moving on to the next.

midimid's gear list:midimid's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Tamron SP AF 60mm F/2 Di II LD IF Macro +1 more
Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow