Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RickPick
Contributing MemberPosts: 915Gear list
Like?
GH4 has eye detection
8 months ago

Just a short post to say that I had the chance to try a GH4 last week (at Nick Driftwood's seminar at Park Cameras in London - thanks Nick!) and I noticed it includes eye detection now like the recent Olympus models. A fine cross hair appears in the yellow "face detection" box over the nearest eye and (I assume) there is a way to toggle it to the other eye if desired. I haven't seen that mentioned here before.

Apart from that, it feels lovely in the hand, is extremely quick and has a huge number of features including focus peaking, highlight zebras, auto-ISO in manual mode, locking mode dial etc etc.

The EVF has much better optics than the GH3 with none of the edge distortion it has. The SD card door works in the same way but seems to have been improved so it doesn't slide open so easily. The grip has been slightly improved we were told and it did seem to be exceptionally comfortable.

I will stop now as I'm starting to feel like a Panasonic salesman, but not much doubt this is their best m4/3 to date. I will not be buying one just yet as I am very happy with what I have already, but maybe in a few months...?

Rick

RickPick's gear list:RickPick's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus PEN E-P1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +4 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow