Very strange behavior by my 6D. Would appreciate any thoughts.

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
M H S
Regular MemberPosts: 142Gear list
Like?
Very strange behavior by my 6D. Would appreciate any thoughts.
8 months ago

Here is the situation.

Yesterday, I took photos in the a.m. (out walking with the dogs), and in the afternoon at a family get together. About 350 photos all together.

All with my 6D, 24-105/f4 L, 430 EX ii flash (for many shots), AV mode almost exclusively.

When previewing the photos on my camera, they all looked fine.

When trying to import, there were two "false-starts". Lightroom hung-up, had to cancel, restart.

Once imported, all photos looked fine.....UNTIL I clicked on them. At that point, I guess LR rebuilds the preview (or something like that...there is always a delay, then a RAW image preview compared to jpeg that comes in upon import). At this point, a handful of the photos took on a very strange appearance (see some typical examples below).

It turned out that about 10 or so of the first 30-40 shots had this problem. The rest of the day was fine.

One more clue. When returning the card to my camera, I could no longer see the previews on the back of my camera. Oddly, there was a "mini" preview, and a message saying "image cannot be displayed". IIRC, the mini-preview did not appear corrupted - but honestly, I can't recall for sure.

Shot a bunch today with exact same equipment and settings ...NO PROBLEMS.

Any thoughts? Files corrupted on import? Flaky sd card? I Never had any issues like this before.

M H S's gear list:M H S's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow