Sony RX1 VRS Nikon DF

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
LD_50
Regular MemberPosts: 213Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony RX1 VRS Nikon DF
In reply to David Gore, 7 months ago

Df with 50 1.8 is definitely different than RX1. Different focal length, shallower DOF, lesser quality lens, etc.

I prefer a Nikon setup for the AF, speed, ergonomics, optical VF, lens selection.

I have kept the RX1 because I can't beat the IQ at 35mm, the leaf shutter is silent, and it's fun for street shooting discreetly with the EVF at the 90 degree position.

The RX1 to me is all about having great IQ in a tiny and silent package. It leaves a lot to be desired outside of those qualities.

All that being said I'm not a fan of the Df. I don't like the AF system when compared to the higher end Nikon system, I don't like the ergonomics, and I don't care for the half retro half modern control scheme.

If you enjoy the RX1 and are not invested in Nikon, I would recommend taking a look at the Olympus OMD-EM1 and Fuji XT-1.

LD_50's gear list:LD_50's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED VR II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow