Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brian Wadie
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,526Gear list
Like?
Zap Cat racing action with EM-1 and 75-300mk2
6 months ago

I spent a few hours shooting the frantic race action of these small, high speed outboard powered inflatable catamarans from a local beach.

Initially I had a circular polariser on but changed that to my UV filter when I realised I was getting too many OOF shot with the CP (it went from about 20% sharp focus with the CP to 60%+ with the UV filter)

Over 200 shots with less than two full battery charges (one emptied the other still showing 3 bars but only had a few hundred shots left when I used it today)

I have a stack of images from the races on my website and flikr galleries but thought you may like to see a few of the images here

The more I use this combo for high speed water sports the more I like it

all shot using SAF, smallest single point, off the monopod. 10 fps, Av mode (as I like to control aperture) and with ISO 200 - 400 to keep shutter speed up to 1/1000th sec +/-

Most are cropped but some are just downsized for the web

-- hide signature --

So much to learn, so little time left to do it!

Brian Wadie's gear list:Brian Wadie's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon 1 V2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow