Started Apr 27, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Claiie
Claiie Junior Member • Posts: 30
Need cheap/entry level body to discover m43 - Complement of DSLR D7100

Hi everyone,

I am reading you since 4-5 months, since the time I want a "lightweight and carry all the time" camera besides my bulky DSLR d7100+18-300 (sound familiar to lots of people!).

I hesitate between sony nex system (A6000) and m43 but based on the choice of lenses available and the fact that once you have some lenses you can have body from 2 brands at least (olympus and panasonic), I am preferring m43 system.

My dream camera would be a mix between a EM5 and Gx7 because I am a photo and a video guy. I would have buy the EM5 if they had 108060p video and 24p or the gx7 is the 3/2axis IBIS worked in video mode but so far, no luck for me, I was hoping the EM10 but no, so I keep my finger cross for the successor of the EM5.

While waiting my dream m43, I want to buy a cheap/entry level body to test the system and especially some prime lenses (fisheye samyand, 17 or 20mm and my nikon 50mm 1.8+- Speedbooster)

What's do you suggest for good entry level body with if possible focus peaking, 2-3 IBIS and 1080/30p (I have no history of the sensor, release date etc)?

I was thinking buying a body only but I saw some bundle from olympus, is it good value ?

EPM2 with 14-42 and 40-150 for 399 and sometimes 299$

Now the EPL5 with 14-42 and 40-150 for 499$

Is it better to look for a body only, I have no problem with second hand to save money for the lenses ? Buying one of this two kit use the 2 lenses for the beginning or reselling them as new to pay a 17-20-25mm prime ? Olympus or Panasonic.

Budget 250$-400$ body only but the least the better of course. GM1 is a little bit pricey.

Thank you for your help guys.

Nikon D7100 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow