ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Claiie
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Need cheap/entry level body to discover m43 - Complement of DSLR D7100
3 months ago

Hi everyone,

I am reading you since 4-5 months, since the time I want a "lightweight and carry all the time" camera besides my bulky DSLR d7100+18-300 (sound familiar to lots of people!).

I hesitate between sony nex system (A6000) and m43 but based on the choice of lenses available and the fact that once you have some lenses you can have body from 2 brands at least (olympus and panasonic), I am preferring m43 system.

My dream camera would be a mix between a EM5 and Gx7 because I am a photo and a video guy. I would have buy the EM5 if they had 108060p video and 24p or the gx7 is the 3/2axis IBIS worked in video mode but so far, no luck for me, I was hoping the EM10 but no, so I keep my finger cross for the successor of the EM5.

While waiting my dream m43, I want to buy a cheap/entry level body to test the system and especially some prime lenses (fisheye samyand, 17 or 20mm and my nikon 50mm 1.8+- Speedbooster)

What's do you suggest for good entry level body with if possible focus peaking, 2-3 IBIS and 1080/30p (I have no history of the sensor, release date etc)?

I was thinking buying a body only but I saw some bundle from olympus, is it good value ?

EPM2 with 14-42 and 40-150 for 399 and sometimes 299$

Now the EPL5 with 14-42 and 40-150 for 499$

Is it better to look for a body only, I have no problem with second hand to save money for the lenses ? Buying one of this two kit use the 2 lenses for the beginning or reselling them as new to pay a 17-20-25mm prime ? Olympus or Panasonic.

Budget 250$-400$ body only but the least the better of course. GM1 is a little bit pricey.

Thank you for your help guys.

Nikon D7100 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
$200New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow