Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
boxerman
Contributing MemberPosts: 705Gear list
Like?
Re: It shouldn't....but it does
In reply to 3dwag, 8 months ago

Re: 1080 60p

3dwag wrote:

This is my fault for replying too quickly via my phone whilst running many errands today. My reply was hasty and not explicit about my Blu-ray 1080p60 concerns. I did read your reference...

Thanks for your note. I sort of suspected you might have been in a rush...or something...and I wanted to get your attention. AND I wanted to try to make sure that others reading took home the right message, which is that 60p is possible, depending on your circumstance. I don't know where the industry stands. It never occurred to me to check specs. I might have been just lucky with my last two players, but that also suggests things might be better than one might think. For distribution, of course, you want to be very conservative. But for folks like me--mostly just stuff for home (but, come to think of it, family to whom we've sent our Blu-Rays have had no problem either)--60p does not seem to be out of the question at all.

Hoping the next OM-D gets just a little better in the video department, even though it's pretty good for me.

-- hide signature --

The BoxerMan

boxerman's gear list:boxerman's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow