Cross platform equivalency

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Silverback1988
Contributing MemberPosts: 694
Like?
I am sorry, Peter
In reply to qianp2k, 6 months ago

qianp2k wrote:

Not able to open above links that require login.

I am sorry Peter, try this link :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kppr1f7pnab4r5v/IMG_3423.JPG

It should work. If not, just consider I have low threshold on sharpness

Happy is relative and respective during specific time period. People happy on B&W TV during that time, people happy on color TV later, people happy on CRT TV then and happy on LED HD TV now. When 4K monitor get popular and cheap and eventually 8K monitor another 5-10 yrs later, you'd be happier with 36mp or more resolution.

You are right, that means now we are difficult (or can not) to be happy just CRT TV.

Honesty, I remember that I was happier when I got my first digital camera (Kodak 2 MP) rather than when I got my first FF (5DII). I don't know if I will happy at all if I got my first MF

BTW, I see your another thread. In thumb of rule, larger sensor better IQ, better sharpness and resolution. 50mp MF > 50mp FF > 50mp APS-C > 50mp mFT > 50mp 1" provided sensors have the same QE (quantum efficiency)

Yes, I could understand that logic.

Why? Simple because larger sensor, less enlargement in pixels when project to output at the same size, so-called crop factor or crop penalty.

Assuming the lens is not outresolved by the sensor, do you think the smaller one still can keep up with the larger one (for the resolution or sharpness) ?

For example, imagine a lens is designed that could record 6000 dot in 35mm linear and both can be used on any sensor.

With 35 FF sensor area, it will record 6000 x 4000 dot (or 24 MP worth of data)

With mFT sensor area, the sensor will use 25% of the lens, so it will record 3000 x 2000 dot (or 6 MP worth of data)

WHAT IF ... both sensors (FF & mFT) have only 6 MP sensor ???

Both ended up with only 3000 x 2000 dot recorded, thus has the same resolution, no ?

-

Brian

-

Brian

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow