qianp2k
Senior MemberPosts: 9,771Gear list
Like?
Re: Here the samples ...
In reply to Silverback1988, 4 months ago

Silverback1988 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Silverback1988 wrote:

But I am quite happy with the 7D's result, that's all that matter isn't it ?

-

Brian

Can you post a few samples in large sizes such as at least 2500-pixel wide or 5000-pixel wide as I did?

Peter, here some samples, at f/5.6 & at f/8,

but you get the idea the sharpness I am looking for.

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/BRIAN_photo%20sharing/IMG_3423.JPG?_subject_uid=125164610&w=AAC5MP9xmogzRK8YjOikEnYH6oC1z4MsNbCtGaFkb0It0g

https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/BRIAN_photo%20sharing/IMG_1839.jpg?_subject_uid=125164610&w=AADeNp6oJAIErgCI_jqaNaQNkFOpEvUkkGUtbus6CSfjwA

Not able to open above links that require login.

But as long as you're happy that is perfectly fine as nobody could question your subjective satisfaction level.

Yes,

IMHO, as our knowledge is growing, I found it's harder to be happy, because the satisfaction level is changing

Happy is relative and respective during specific time period. People happy on B&W TV during that time, people happy on color TV later, people happy on CRT TV then and happy on LED HD TV now. When 4K monitor get popular and cheap and eventually 8K monitor another 5-10 yrs later, you'd be happier with 36mp or more resolution.

BTW, I see your another thread. In thumb of rule, larger sensor better IQ, better sharpness and resolution. 50mp MF > 50mp FF > 50mp APS-C > 50mp mFT > 50mp 1" provided sensors have the same QE (quantum efficiency)

Why?  Simple because larger sensor, less enlargement in pixels when project to output at the same size, so-called crop factor or crop penalty.

-

Brian

qianp2k's gear list:qianp2k's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony Alpha 7R +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow