Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gaze
Contributing MemberPosts: 627
Like?
RX10; Soft Skin Effect
8 months ago

Is the soft skin effect feature a gimmick? Does it really work? How does it work?

Basically I like taking photos of landscapes that are bright, clear and sharp. A few days ago I took a close up portrait of 2 older people. Yeah, the photo was tack sharp with a nice bokeh but since it showed every wrinkle and blemish of the 2 older women it was not flattering to them!

I learned some hard lessons about older people who want to appear as young as possible like; 1) don’t place them in direct sunlight or use a flash and 2) use a low F-stop like 2.8.

In the near future I’ll be taking some more outdoor portraits of these 2 older people (around 60 years old) with better settings and knowledge I hope. I know the RX10 has a “soft skin effect” but I’m just wondering how effective it is and examples from others here who have used this feature.

Also, if I do use this feature, is there much difference between the "low, mid, and high" settings?

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow