ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Spocky
Junior MemberPosts: 35Gear list
Like?
Panasonic GH4 questions (SD card, lens)
6 months ago

Hello all,

Just starting to stray into a camera format that I am not so familiar with and would like to ask a couple of questions:

1) I have ordered a GH4 mainly for the 4k video. I have a D800 and a 1Dx for my main cameras (brand agnostic) and a range of lenses for them and wanted to know what are the best Micro4/3 lenses for the GH4. I have the kit coming so will have the Panasonic 12-35 and am looking at the 42.5 Nocticron but my other interest is something with a bit more reach. I have fast long glass for the other cameras so an adapter is an option but after videoing by handheld withn a 1Dx and 70-200 2.8 lens.......a smaller LIGHTER option would be good. Whats the best lens for the around 200mm + equivalent for the MFT set?

2) As styated I am using this mainly for video and don;t want the added 'box' professional stuff yet so am looking for an SD card that can handle the speed of high sampling and 4k video (have the computer that can handle the data). Now the two main contenders seem to be the Sandisk UHS II U3 and the Panasonic UHS I, U3 Sd cards (64Gb) but the Panasonic in Australia is half the price of the Sandisk.

Whats the difference? I can't work it out apart from the potential higher speed rating of the UHS II but I was of the though that it was the minimum speed that was the definign factor (the U3). ANyone have any ideas and what they mean functionally?

Cheers Spocky

Spocky's gear list:Spocky's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II
Canon EOS-1D Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow