X-T1 Enhancements? Locked

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
ken224
Regular MemberPosts: 148Gear list
Re: X-T1 Enhancements?
In reply to Chris Dodkin, 8 months ago

Exposure compensation in manual mode? Yes, but then it would not be a manual mode any more...

What most people refer to as manual mode should actually be called auto ISO mode. With modern cameras full of processing grunt we could now have the selection of:

• auto aperture
  • auto shutter speed
  • auto ISO
  • auto any combination of the two above
  • auto everything (all three above, also called program mode?)
  • manual mode

Quite a list. Do we really need all of them? I can do with auto aperture (with auto ISO sometimes). But since manufacturers are now cramming direct print and smile detectors and some silly filters into new cameras, perhaps they should rather try to tidy up the list of auto modes. As it is now, the selection is based on the old film philosophy and sometimes looks like "dog's breakfast". Just a thought.

There is another thing I do not quite understand. Many users are asking to link the spot meter to the focus point. Why is this necessary. How often do you focus on a 18% (or 12%, depending on the calibration of the meter) reflective subject? Can someone asking for this feature please explain the benefit of such a meter.

I am happy with the histogram and/or blinkies (zebra) but am always looking to learn new things.

ken224's gear list:ken224's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +1 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow