My first experiemnts with Pentax SMC A 50mm f1.4, Loving it.

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
R V C
Regular MemberPosts: 356Gear list
Like?
My first experiemnts with Pentax SMC A 50mm f1.4, Loving it.
4 months ago

Hello!

I happend to see a Pentax SMC A 50mm f1.4 for sale locally at throw away price and decided to buy it, the problem was getting the adapter. I had to wait for a month to get hold of one. Now have a fotga PK-M43 and a generic 3rd party as well. The FOTGA one has a crummy lach and diffcult to uncouple from the lens. Anyway i got it as a dedicated one, so I am ok.

I decided to head out to the most familiar place in KL that is the butterfly park and try out the new/Old lens. It was a awesome experience. Sadly after about an hour or so, there was a thuderstorm and i had to amp up the ISO to 1250 and higher to get decent pcitures.

This is my first time using a manual lens and i absolutely loved the experience. The lens tends to bring a glow to the subject (do you feel it too?). All pictures shot in M mode.

I am posting some of my pictures (no edditing or crop). Would love some C&C.

1) f 4, love the bokeh!

2)  f 5.6

3) f 2.8 a random wall

4)  f 5.6, a different view.

5)  just to show what the above picture (4) actually looks like.

6)  f 5.6, cant believe how good this lens is.

7)  f 4, inner glow, may be with a lower f, i could have blurred out more of the leaves, any comments on the bokeh?

8)  f 2, pristeen look.

9)  f 5.6, not entirely happy with the results, what could i have done better?

10) random bw experiment.

11) f 2, had a washed out look, so used the colour creator to enhance the colour of the flower to give a more realistic feel.

12)  f 5.6.

13)  with the 12-50mm on Macro mode.

14) f 5.6 love the clarity.

Now i cant wait for my Kiron 105mm Macro to arive so i can play with it.

Hope you enjoy!

-- hide signature --

"Anything worth doing is worth doing poorly until you learn to do it well."
-- Zig Ziglar

R V C's gear list:R V C's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +4 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow