Autofocus speed comparison of mirrorless?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
neil holmes
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,952
Like?
Re: Autofocus speed comparison of mirrorless?
In reply to MinAZ, 5 months ago

MinAZ wrote:

Certainly very impressive! I would love to get my hands on the Sony A6000 sometime to give the new AF system a test drive too.

Yes, I think it may well be excellent.

There are one or two people who seem to have issues with it but by far the majority of owners say it is great.

Of the few with AF issues most are still keeping the camera I think.

Here is the first review I have seen that mentions the AF tracking of the A6000.....they like it....11fps with 95% success!

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Sony_Alpha_A6000/index.shtml#focus

I have no axe to grind as I use several systems and am happy to recommend anything if I think it is right.

It is funny that some people will go to various forums and make "helpful" posts repeating errors and posting as gospel negative things about cameras they don't want to use.....or insist people are "fanboys" for liking something.....or helpfully suggesting one or two photos is not proof of tracking for instance......and then gush about a single photo as proof of AF ETC about their "own" brand.

I would strongly suggest you try and get a hold of as many cameras as you can and see which is right for you.

It is not a camera for me and it is far from perfect...what camera is... (not now anyway), but for the price for someone wanting decent AF at a budget, the A6000 seems a winner....but as I said, nearly all mirrorless cameras in the last year or so have at least good AF I think.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow