Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Paks
Forum MemberPosts: 56Gear list
Like?
Day old A6000 potential glitch?
8 months ago

Last night, I decided to try out low light focusing on the first day I brought the camera (with Kit lens) home.  Used it in the living room with all the lights off.  Got a couple of shots using the flash and without, no issues.

While almost pitch dark, the room had very little light.  I then tried focusing on dark furniture (leather couch and then wood).  Using center focus and area focus the camera appeared to lock on. On depressing the shutter button fully though, the camera went dark for about 10 seconds, then the screen came back on showing "processing".  After about a further 5-10 seconds, it came back with a white screen, which gave me a bit of a scare.  But, the white screen was the frame it had captured.

Any thoughts on this behavior?  Am I trying something that would result in similar behavior regardless of camera?

Paks's gear list:Paks's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow