"Critique the photo above you" thread!!!

Started 7 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
slpianoproject
Forum MemberPosts: 74Gear list
Like?
"Critique the photo above you" thread!!!
7 months ago

I've been on this forum for a while now and I never saw this kind of thread yet. It is very popular on gaming forums, people rate players above them, what they should fix and whats good about their stats etc...

Here are the rules :

The principle is pretty basic but its a lot of fun. You must critique the photo of the poster right above you. What you like about it and what you don't. Is there any area they could improve? Do you like the style? Is the white balance off? What about the composition? Then you post a picture and move on. Your photo will be reviewed. This can go on forever :D. There is a few do's and don't that must be ABSOLUTLY followed for it to work.

1. Don't post if you don't have a picture to share... It'll break the flow of the thread. As we are all photographers of some sort, I'm pretty sure you got a pic laying around on your hard drive. Just post it.

2. Be polite! This kind of thread is not about bashing others, its about helping each others improve our photography. Rudeness shall not be tolerated!!

3. You can critique as many pictures as you want but be sure you at least critique the poster right above you as its frustrating for anyone to be skipped in posts like this. Sometimes when you take too long to post you might critique a photo that is not right above you, it is a nice habit to edit you post to include the new critique or to scout the thread for pics that might have been skipped. You don't want to be skipped, so do others. The person won't want to post the picture again for it to be rated.

4. Share only one picture per post. Sometimes people don't want to critique a whole series of photo.

5. Be positive! While reviewing a photo its normal to tell what should be fixed in your opinion, but its always nice to say what you like about it. Not everyone has the same skill level and talent. This goes back to no.2

6. Seems obvious but making sure metadata is available for your photo is a plus as it helps people get a grip on what they're trying to review!

-- hide signature --

Example ------------Example------------Example-------Example---------Example-------Example -------

Example of post :

@thatcanonguy1454

Nice shot! I like the colours and overall mood of the photo. Composition is perfect. Removing that thrash can in photoshop would be a plus tho! The photo seems to be 1/3 to 1/2 stop underexposed tho it might be intentional? Overall great shot, tack sharp and well taught. Keep up the good work! 9/10

@posterrightabove1100

OMG this is my dream car! Was that taken in NYC?! Anyway, the angle of view is interesting. Really gives a different perspective to what we're used to see from these kind of photos. White balance is a little bit on the orange side to my taste and you might want to ease a little bit on the sharpening. Other than that its a nice shot! 8/10

My contribution : Here is a shot of my dog taking a sunbath! She always lie down in front of that window!

"Insert picture here"

----- Example -------------- Example --------------- Example -----------Example ---------- Example --------

I'll start with this picture :

This is a picture from a photo shoot I've done in studio with my newly bought strobes. I needed some kind of practice so I asked my girlfriend's best friend to shoot for me in her underwear!! She accepted way faster than I tough lol (like instantly). As a reward I've created a 20 page photobook that I printed and offered to her. This is page 3... I'm sorry if its not 36 mpx full size it is actually from a photoshop file of 8.5x11 @ 300 ppi. Metadata might also not be availible so here it is:

Sony A7R with FE 55mm f1.8 Zeiss @ f8. Iso 100 1/160

Critique this and lets keep this thread rolling!!

slpianoproject's gear list:slpianoproject's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow