Silverback1988
Contributing MemberPosts: 700
Like?
Thanks Dave, but ...
In reply to The Davinator, 8 months ago

Dave Luttmann wrote:

Silverback1988 wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

I own 70-200L II and 5D2 and used to own 60D. 5D2 is clearly sharper than 60D with the same EF lenses (any EF lenses) including 70-200L II if both fill the subjects into the same AOV.

Dang, I should upgrade my eyes

Your eyes are likely fine. In a landscape scene, say with a 16x24 print, you would be hard pressed to see a difference. That is why I stopped worrying about it a long time ago.

That's my experience as well. I often make 40x60 cm and 60x90 cm prints.

I decided to keep my 5DII for shots that significantly different than my 7D,

shallow DOF pictures that can not be done with 7D setup or need wider FOV (ie. 5DII with 24 L II).

For studio shots, I see no significant difference between 5DII and 7D setup (see in my other post above).

But however, just another Canon send me this link and shocked me :

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/ISO-12233-Sample-Crops.aspx?Lens=687&Camera=453&Sample=0&FLI=2&API=4&LensComp=687&CameraComp=736&SampleComp=0&FLIComp=1&APIComp=3

I could I understand if wide open (f/2.8) vs stopped down (f/4) make a difference,

but f/5.6 vs f/8 ??

I wonder if some mistakes had been made to the 60D's chart shot.

It look so soft.

But again, a professional who knows what they are doing did the chart shot, thus I begin to questioning my own eyes

But I am quite happy with the 7D's result, that's all that matter isn't it ?

-

Brian

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow