Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stephen McDonald
Forum ProPosts: 11,944
Like?
Photos of HX400V with Vivitar Viewscreen Loupe
5 months ago

Here is my new Vivitar 2X Hooded Viewscreen Diopter Loupe, on an HX400V. The 2nd and 3rd photos show it with a Sony DH1774 1.7X telextender. Also I there's a Sony ECM-XYST1M stereo hotshoe microphone.

This viewscreen loupe is amazingly sharp, all the way to the edges. I'm not exaggerating when I say that with this large eyepiece and a big, high-resolution screen in front of me, it feels like I'm shooting with a broadcast camcorder that would cost as much as a new Corvette.

I think the 2X Vivitar version of this loupe is superior to the better-known brand, that costs more than three times as much. The diopter focus can be adjusted by unscrewing the eyepiece the necessary number of turns. There's 7 threads of adjustment outward and by removing a red plastic ring that connects to a carrying strap, there's 2 threads inward.

A narrow metal frame attaches with a strong adhesive to the viewscreen rim and the loupe snaps to that with magnets. It holds very strongly and doesn't slide out of position, but can be popped-off instantly.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow