Started Apr 27, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stephen McDonald
Forum ProPosts: 12,090
Like?
Photos of HX400V with Vivitar Viewscreen Loupe
Apr 27, 2014

Here is my new Vivitar 2X Hooded Viewscreen Diopter Loupe, on an HX400V. The 2nd and 3rd photos show it with a Sony DH1774 1.7X telextender. Also I there's a Sony ECM-XYST1M stereo hotshoe microphone.

This viewscreen loupe is amazingly sharp, all the way to the edges. I'm not exaggerating when I say that with this large eyepiece and a big, high-resolution screen in front of me, it feels like I'm shooting with a broadcast camcorder that would cost as much as a new Corvette.

I think the 2X Vivitar version of this loupe is superior to the better-known brand, that costs more than three times as much. The diopter focus can be adjusted by unscrewing the eyepiece the necessary number of turns. There's 7 threads of adjustment outward and by removing a red plastic ring that connects to a carrying strap, there's 2 threads inward.

A narrow metal frame attaches with a strong adhesive to the viewscreen rim and the loupe snaps to that with magnets. It holds very strongly and doesn't slide out of position, but can be popped-off instantly.

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow