Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
boxerman
Contributing MemberPosts: 642Gear list
Like?
Re: It shouldn't....but it does
In reply to 3dwag, 4 months ago

3dwag wrote:

3dwag wrote:

24P not only for "film-like look" - it's the only way to distribute 1080p on Blu-ray without resorting to some funky scan conversion.

I'm not understanding this. We have been burning 60p BlueRays for years for our travel shows. xxx--snip--xxx

Check here for specs:

Blu-Ray Video

"Many current Blu-ray players and recorders now support 1920×1080 video at the full 60p and 50p progressive format."

To my knowledge, the Blu-ray video standard only supports 720p60, not 1080p60.

I'm suggesting that you might consider updating your knowledge. The Wikipedia entry I marked and quoted said precisely that while 1080 60p is not in the standard, it is available in modern players. Both my current Panasonic Blu-ray and my last one were fine with it. I use Toast software to burn at 1080 60p, and it is happy to do so.

Here's a post that also says 60p works. The following post says the same thing.

1080 60p Blu-Ray Exists

There is confusion, no doubt, but because I've been doing this for years, I tend to believe my own eyes.

The thing I forgot to mention about my workflow is that I must also be able to distribute DVDs (an even bigger concern for me at this time), and the only progressive mode for that is 480p24. The fact is, my current preferred video workflow is 24p, for which I have camcorders.

You are concerned about DVDs and that is just fine and important for you. The question on the table was Blu-Ray.

-- hide signature --

The BoxerMan

boxerman's gear list:boxerman's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow