Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tom Schum
Senior MemberPosts: 3,312Gear list
Like?
Usable LCD shade for DP3M
3 months ago

I just mounted this on my DP3M. Cost was under $10. Maybe it would be helpful for you too.

It fits around the viewable area of the LCD perfectly (an exact fit) but the mounting frame (with adhesive on it) slightly overhangs the LCD glass on left and right by 1/16" (not a problem).

The shade slides off the mounting frame for cleaning the cover glass (plastic film on the mounting frame) without having to remove the mounting frame and it's adhesive.

All matte black plastic, a bit flashy with the logos on the back, but seems to work well. I could scrape off the silvery stuff and make the logo disappear, maybe later.

The shade opens up and folds closed easily.  Looks like a pretty good design.

As a glasses wearer, it should do the job for me at far less cost than a loupe. I need -4.2 diopter and most of these loupes only go +/-3 diopters, so loupes are not for me.

Here is a link:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/441827-REG/Delkin_Devices_DU3_0_M_BLK_eFilm_Point_Shoot.html

-- hide signature --

Tom Schum

Tom Schum's gear list:Tom Schum's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP3 Merrill Fujifilm X-E1 Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Samyang 85mm F1.4 Aspherical IF +5 more
Sigma DP3 Merrill
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow