why does the E-M1's video get dissed?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
joeletx
Contributing MemberPosts: 950Gear list
Like?
Re: The E-M1 is excellent for casual videos
In reply to Dave Sanders, 6 months ago

Someday I don't doubt that Olympus will improve the video function and I will probably not even notice the difference. I shot a dozen short videos and mainly for trying it out. I took the E-M1 along on my niece's wedding and shot several hundred shots of stills and half a dozen of short videos in available light. One of the videos was the father and bride dance that lasted throughout the whole song; this video has became the favorite among the guesses and the families of both sides. Father of the bride plays the video for his coworkers to see every chance he got. I don't think it is the image quality that grabs the attention, it is the capturing the moment that matters. I don't think I will turn video photographer any time soon and the fact that I don't know what I don't know about video has not hurt my photography, I think.

joeletx's gear list:joeletx's gear list
Olympus E-500 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 70-300mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 18-180mm 1:3.5-6.3 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow