Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ss3walkman
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
EPM2 vs 3N vs EPL3
5 months ago

Each camera has what I want but none have ALL I want. I completely understand I have to give up some options but I truly can't decide which of the features I can live without. I want higher fps, flash, touchscreen, a small body, flip LCD and good image quality for night and sunny days (ISO?). Too much to ask for? Yes it is haha.. But I understand I have a decision to make.

I went to the Tall's camera store and looked at a few cameras. They didn't have the NEX-3 but they had the a5000. They also had the EPM2 and Panasonic PM1 (btw.. the PM1 looks amazing!). I like them. I had high expectations for the EPM2 and finally having it in my hand I was a little disappointed. Not that it was bad but it was bigger than I expected. Reading so much about the camera and seeing pics I just imagined it was smaller, like the size of the GM1. The flash attachment doesn't make it any better. But it was a nice camera. Reading up on the camera you would assume the lack of having a physical menu button was the death of all things but the touchscreen on it was fast and responsive to the touch. It definitely isn't a deal breaker to me in the least.

The a5000 was very clean and sleek. I really like the shorter lens and one thing that stands out as a negative was how slow it is in comparison to the EPM2 in burst mode. It was a little bit smaller than the EPM2 as well.

So after a month of searching I've got my list down to a NEX-3N, E-PM2 and the E-PL3. I would say a GF3/GF5 as they have most of what I want in a single camera but they're just not appealing to me. Especially not like the beautiful GM1 that is sadly out of my price range. I know you see EPL-3 on the list and are probably thinking "why is that camera on here?" Well it at least has a tilt screen and besides for a larger sensor, how much better is the EPM2 than it? With money saved can it be worth not getting the EPM2? I will admit that I don't really understand sensor importance if you can help me understand them I'd appreciate it.

So take your pick. I'm being one pre-owned. Which would you choose and why? EPM2? NEX-3N? Or the EPL3?

My sisters prom is next Saturday and I want to have a new camera in my hand by then as I plan on taking a great deal of pictures of her.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow